Why Gratitude is Important
Gratitude is a real state of mind. An attitude that allows us to feel better. Be thankful to whom? To life. Although not always everything goes exactly as we would like. Learning to say thank you is not only a gesture of generous openness towards people and life but it is a habit that can increase our well-being and also the chances to fulfill our deepest desires. The living being grateful, in fact, even helps you improve your health. That’ s why gratitude is better than stretching before sports and even better than a diet, of course! Researches have focused on the psychophysical and behavioral benefits that the exercise of gratitude can provide. Let’s see them together.
1. When you know how to be grateful to live and to others, by demonstrating your feeling and externalizing it, at the same time you learn to take care of yourself. It is a kind of positive and constructive chain that is based precisely on taking care of someone and something. Then you tend to see better what pleases those around you but also what makes you feel good. You spoil yourself more by opening yourself to the world, perceive your most authentic desires and are ready to satisfy them with generosity. In short, you learn to feel that life provides sweetness and love, despite the difficulties.
2. Your lifestyle is healthier
When you are grateful and take care of yourself you obviously also learn to pay attention to your lifestyle. Without frustrating privations and sacrifices, you choose the best for yourself. A healthier diet, for example. But also genuine food cooked with love for yourself and for those you want. You choose also greater attention to physical well-being, with increased physical activity and exercises that can make you feel better.
3. You organize prevention and control effectively
An organized prevention plan and routine medical check-ups are also included when taking care of yourself, being grateful for life. That moment not only you are taking care of yourself but you also feel more closed to the world. Planning well, with love and progress, will also allow you to organize yourself better in budget management.
4. Relieves stress and prevents its effects Daily exercise of gratitude is such a healthy habit that it allows you to keep stress away and if it is not possible to do it completely, at least most of the tension load that you normally feel on your shoulders and your heart. In addition to keeping stress away, gratitude also means that the psycho-physical effects related to it (from migraines to stomach pain) are significantly reduced and, indeed, can be effectively prevented.
5. Your look to the future is bright
Practicing gratitude is a great gift for your prospects as saying thank you daily and opening up to the world gives you a wider vision of the whole. And the new perspective makes you more optimistic, more objective and, above all, more energetic when you think about your future.
6. You have a stronger immune system
A healthier lifestyle, greater attention to yourself both physically and psychologically and an objective and positive attitude, only make your immune system more resistant and active. It is a game of balance, the defenses are positively affected by your state of well-being and your mental attitude. So much so that when you fall into spirals of victimization and closure, you often tend to get more sick.
How to exercise gratitude
We said that being grateful is an undeniable wellness exercise, to be practiced daily. So it is recommended to do it step by step. First of all, place your attention and your gaze towards the outside, so your vision will be open and your problems will be put into perspective. As a second step, you need to remember what you possess every day. The affections, the satisfactions, the little things you appreciate, your qualities, your particularities, the inspiration, and even your memories. Highly recommended is also a gratitude journal. A notebook that you like and where you write down everything that makes you feel deeply grateful. Even the rain against the window while sipping your hot tea under the covers, or a joke that made you laugh … Finally, learn to recalibrate all the situations that you are experiencing and have experienced if you still feel the consequences in an acute way. Especially the situations that you would call problematic. Recalibrate them so that you could strengthen the positive aspects, or the constructive ones, those who could make you change for the better, grow and migrate to a new happiness and a new balance.